Sunday, July 26, 2009

What's in a name

People always asked me from where I got the ideas for my son's name,what it meant,I should get a better name..bla bla bla. To be honest the name Hermie Aldrin comes from the brand Hermes and Zouk resident DJ Aldrin. No I'm not an Hermes fan and I do not owned any Hermes items..its just that while walking along town we(me and wifey) saw the brand and just fine tuned it to Hermie. Pronounced as Her-mi some people pronounced it as Hairr-mi I doesnt bother me at all. For Aldrin is a no brainer,I'm a great fan of DJ Aldrin from way back in 98. I do not realy care much with the meaning of the name just simply because I dun see the need to be so caught up about all this "have a good name and he will grow up as a good person" mentality.
I have frens wif names like Mohd but is now serving 18yrs in jail for drug traficking,Sulaiman who did jail time for selling vcds,adam whose serving time for manslaughter and the list goes on...
To me how the kid grew up reflects on how u raise the kid as a parent. I might give my kid a name of Mohd Gaddafi Al-Bustam which maybe means the Great Warrior of The Ganges River but if I don't raise him up properly it doesnt mean a shit.
But again as of my other thought provoking entries,others will have different views on these,but thats ok. So whats the name of my future kids if I decided to have more...hmmmm Hernie Andiyanie,Hernie Andinie,Herlie Armin,Helzie Aiman,Herna Ardiyana,Herda Aziana,Hiddie Adriyan..Do they have meanings?? I doubt so but I just like the names...hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment